While we all know exterior elements, like the sun, pollution, and weather, can affect the look and health of our skin, many of us still fail to realize how crucial it is to be equally aware of what goes into our bodies. Did you know ingesting foods of poor nutritional value can damage our DNA too? When we are not properly nourishing our bodies on the inside, we are damaging them. This can lead to premature aging and an overall lackluster appearance, not to mention poor health.
To look and feel your best, I recommend choosing well balanced organic foods high in Vitamin C and drinking plenty of water. Why not start tonight? Let this delicious and healthy meal from CHLI (California Health & Longevity Institute) kick-start your skin savvy diet.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. chopped ginger
2 tsp. chopped garlic
5 Curry leaves
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp. finely chopped red pepper (Thai Red Bird)
1/2 tsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. turmeric
16 oz. large raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1/2 cup lite coconut milk
2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic and curry leaves.
- Add onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add tomatoes and peppers and sauté for 3-4 more minutes.
- Add chili powder, coriander and turmeric, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp are just pink.
- Add lite coconut milk, turn heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve over rice.